[Swift-user] Pointer to Swift tutorials for computational science education and research

Andrew Stocker amstocker at dons.usfca.edu
Mon Sep 8 18:28:47 CDT 2014

Thanks for your response!

Since we're just in the stages of experimentation, our preliminary cluster
is just four iMacs connected to a switch.  I set up password-less ssh
communication between the four and I'm able to start the coaster service
(in the folder with coaster-service.conf) without any errors.  I am running
Swift from the computer which has the catnap.sh installed at the correct
path, and I'm pretty sure it has the executable bit set ( #!/bin/sh is the
first line of the program).  None of the other three computers have Swift
installed, nor do they have catnap.sh at the location specified in tc.data,
is this a problem?

Attached is the log file from the run when I got the error I copy+pasted
above.  Interestingly, when I run the catnap swift script with only 3
concurrent instances, it seems to run fine since we allow 3 jobs per node
and so it is probably only running locally.

Regards,
Andrew