[Swift-user] Data transfer error

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 28 19:11:21 CDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 23:48 +0000, Bronevetsky, Greg wrote:
> 	Are you specifying a max walltime for the apps?
>
> 	If not, swift assumes 10 minutes. If the first few batches take 21 minutes, and the worker has 30 minutes allocated, it won't be able to fit any other jobs 	after that.
> My sites file has the following bounds:
>     <profile namespace="globus" key="maxtime">1800</profile>

We need to fix that one. So that's 30 minutes.

>     <profile namespace="globus" key="maxwalltime">00:24:00</profile>

And that's 24 minutes.

So if the worker is left with less than 24 minutes (i.e. after the first
6 minutes), none of the jobs will fit. You might want to lower the app
maxwalltime to 10 minutes if that is the actual maximum time the app
will take.

If 30 minutes is not a hard limit for the queue, increasing that should
help.

Mihael