[Swift-user] Persistent Coasters & 0.95 RC6

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:40:15 CDT 2014

Hi Matthew,

With your coaster-service.conf having the SERVICE_PORT set to 50200, the
sites.xml file start-coaster-service
generates should not have a different port number. Could you check the log
file start-coaster-service.log for a line
like this : Started coaster service: http://127.0.1.1:50200

Once you are sure that the coaster-service is indeed using the ports you
specified, please try the following swift.properties
file.

site=local,persistent-coasters
use.provider.staging=true
execution.retries=2

site.persistent-coasters {
   jobmanager=coaster-persistent:local:local:http://localhost:50200

   taskWalltime=00:15:00
   workerManager=passive
   workdir=/tmp/swiftwork
   filesystem=local
}

site.local1 {
   jobmanager=local
   initialScore=10000
   filesystem=local
   workdir=/tmp/swiftwork
}

app.persistent-coasters.echoCoast=/bin/echo

I made a minor modification to your test.swift to get a log file :

type file;

app (file o, file e) echo (string s) {
   echoCoast s stderr=@e stdout=@o;
}

file out <"stdout">;
file err <"stderr">;

(out,err) = echo("HELLO WORLD");

I just tested this on my machine with one remote worker. Please let me know
if this works. If not please include the
start-coaster-service.log that you get in the same folder as setup.sh along
with the entire run directory.

Thanks!
Yadu