[Swift-user] Coaster Service Startup Time on OSDC

Matthew Shaxted Matthew.Shaxted at som.com
Thu Feb 13 12:23:24 CST 2014

Dear Swift User Group:

I working with a 60-node cluster running on OSDC now, and when I try to start the Swift coaster-service for these nodes, it takes about 30 seconds (or more) per node to successfully start.

This is an issue for me as it limits how often I want to shut down the coaster-service - for this 60 node cluster it could take up to 30 min to start up again.

Is this starting coaster behavior normal? Is there anything I can do to make the coaster-service start faster?

Thanks,
Matthew

MATTHEW SHAXTED

SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP
224 South Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60604
TEL: 312.360.4368
FAX: 312.360.4545
matthew.shaxted at som.com<mailto:matthew.shaxted at som.com>

[cid:image001.png at 01CF28B4.AA67FE00]
WWW.SOM.COM<http://www.som.com/>

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

[cid:image002.png at 01CF28B4.AA67FE00]