[Swift-user] Block task failed: Connection to worker lost

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 5 13:18:41 CST 2014

http://swift-lang.org/guides/trunk/userguide/userguide.html#table-staging-methods

> As reference, when I tried to use the wrapper or swift staging or
> omitted the staging specifier I got errors. The direct, local, and
> shared-fs staging didn’t throw errors. For the swift staging I got the
> error:

[...]
> Caused by: Could not find a suitable service/provider for host
> midway_debug

Right. For swift staging you need to specify a filesystem type that
swift will use to do the actual copying between the swift side and
wherever the jobs are submitted to. This is the legacy way of dealing
with data in swift.

"Wrapper" you might not want to use. We are still working on the finer
details of that.

Mihael