[Swift-user] Block task failed: Connection to worker lost

Ozik, Jonathan jozik at anl.gov
Fri Dec 5 10:37:52 CST 2014

Mihael,

Thanks. Is there a document that explains the details of each of the staging options?

As reference, when I tried to use the wrapper or swift staging or omitted the staging specifier I got errors. The direct, local, and shared-fs staging didn’t throw errors. For the swift staging I got the error:

Could not initialize shared directory on midway_debug
exception @ swift-int.k, line: 303
Caused by: Could not find a suitable service/provider for host midway_debug
Caused by: org.globus.cog.karajan.scheduler.NoSuchResourceException: Could not find a suitable service/provider for host midway_debug
k:assign @ swift.k, line: 174
Caused by: Could not initialize shared directory on midway_debug
exception @ swift-int.k, line: 303
Caused by: Could not find a suitable service/provider for host midway_debug
Caused by: org.globus.cog.karajan.scheduler.NoSuchResourceException: Could not find a suitable service/provider for host midway_debug
Final status: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 00:38:21+0000  Failed:1
The following errors have occurred:
1. Could not initialize shared directory on midway_debug
exception @ swift-int.k, line: 303
Caused by: Could not find a suitable service/provider for host midway_debug
Caused by: org.globus.cog.karajan.scheduler.NoSuchResourceException: Could not find a suitable service/provider for host midway_debug

Execution failed:
Execution completed with errors
throw @ swift.k, line: 116

Jonathan