[Swift-user] swift on darwin, ATPESC 2013, etc.

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 16:37:56 CDT 2013

Hi Alex,

We do run Swift on OSX and I do not think it is in any way not supported.
It should work just as well for your machine as it does on linux servers we
ran the tutorial on.

If you are seeing some issues, could you post back the errors you are
seeing,
along with a paste of your sites.xml, and we could help you with getting
swift run on your machine.

Thanks!
Yadu

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Alexander Breuer <alex.m.breuer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm attending the ATPESC 2013 training and I have some applications for
> which swift would be really useful.  I notice that OSX is not apparently
> officially supported; is that true (I am having some trouble making
> swift work for localhost runs on my laptop).  That's OK, since I will
> have access to linux machines at work, but it would be nice to have
> something work on the Mac.  Is it just a couple of secret handshakes in
> my sites.xml, apps, etc, files?
>
> The second part of this question is related to the current user base of
> swift; I am wondering if there are any swift users who want to
> analyze/reduce their data with SVDs or PCA.  I work on SVD
> approximations, so if there is interest, I might look into implementing
> some SVD approximation methods in swift.
> thanks,
> Alex Breuer

Yadu Nand B