[Swift-user] swift on darwin, ATPESC 2013, etc.

Alexander Breuer alex.m.breuer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 16:15:15 CDT 2013

Hi All,
I'm attending the ATPESC 2013 training and I have some applications for
which swift would be really useful.  I notice that OSX is not apparently
officially supported; is that true (I am having some trouble making
swift work for localhost runs on my laptop).  That's OK, since I will
have access to linux machines at work, but it would be nice to have
something work on the Mac.  Is it just a couple of secret handshakes in
my sites.xml, apps, etc, files?

The second part of this question is related to the current user base of
swift; I am wondering if there are any swift users who want to
analyze/reduce their data with SVDs or PCA.  I work on SVD
approximations, so if there is interest, I might look into implementing
some SVD approximation methods in swift.
thanks,
Alex Breuer