[Swift-user] swift on midway: apps and modules

Neil Best nbest at ci.uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 29 18:15:26 CST 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM, David Kelly <davidk at ci.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> It could possibly be something environmental. Are the modules loaded automatically when you log in through your .bashrc? If they are not already, could you give that a try?

Good thinking.  There is a .modulerc file that gets sourced through
some mechanism at login other then ~/.bashrc (not sure how) so I added
it there for good measure.

> If that doesn't work, try editing sites.xml and try changing
>
> <workdirectory>/scratch/local/swift</workdirectory>
> <workdirectory>/project/joshuaelliott/narr</workdirectory>
>
> Then try the run again and let me know when it's finished. That will just make some extra debugging information available that might better explain why it's failing.

I tried that also and now got a new error, so that's progress, right?
It's complaining that it can't open a file that one of the utilities
needs.  I presume that you can get in and look at logs so I won't take
the time to include snippets here, but maybe that's a bas assumption.
If we could get this going tomorrow that would be great.  Take a look
at /project/joshuaelliott/narr/narr-20121130-0005-4uhyfkca.  Thanks.