[Swift-user] Running coasters on a bag of workstations

David Kelly davidk at ci.uchicago.edu
Sat May 19 18:00:00 CDT 2012

Carsen,

When you set WORKER_LOCATION to a non-shared directory, you need to enable coaster provider staging. To do this, add a line to your coaster-service.conf that says:

export SHARED_FILESYSTEM=no

When you run start-coaster-service the next time, a file called 'cf' will be created. Then run swift with something like this:
swift -sites.file sites.xml -tc.file tc.data -config cf myscript.swift

I think this should do the trick, but please let me know if you run into anything else. I'll try to update the documentation to make this more clear.

Regards,
David