[Swift-user] moving files during runtime

Agarwal, Khushbu Khushbu.Agarwal at pnnl.gov
Tue Jul 10 15:55:58 CDT 2012

Hi,

I have generic question about moving files around during swift runtime. We have an app procedure being invoked from swift, across multiple iterations. In the shell script for the app, I actually do a move of the file that was produced in my previous iteration to my current iteration. However when Swift runs, I just see lot of links.  Basically file in iteration 4  has a symbolic link to file in iteration 3, 3 to 2 and so on. This works ok for couple of iterations, but after a while system seem to fail with message " unable to follow links". Since we are trying to run over 100's of iterations, I would like to know if there is a way to tell swift to   just copy or move the file than to create symbolic links.

Thanks much,
-Khushbu