[Swift-user] coaster-service.conf

Jonathan Monette jonmon at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 27 21:39:14 CST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 9:06 PM, Emalayan Vairavanathan wrote:

> Hi Jon
>
> Thank you very much. Please find my ans below.
>
> I assume you mean the "-k" option in the cqsub command.
>
> What I meant was "--kernel" option in qsub.

So the start-coaster-service for cobalt uses cqsub and not qsub.  qsub has the --kernel option while cqsub has the -k option.  Looking at the man pages they seem to be the same, but not sure.  Justin can probably provide more information on the difference, or point to a document that explains when one should be used over the other.

> Are you using your own checkout of trunk or the one in Justin's home directory?
>
> Code from Justin's home directory

Then Justin will have to do a svn up tomorrow for you.  We probably should figure out a way for you to have your own stable copy to make changes too, so that us updating that copy is not a blocker for you progressing further.