[Swift-user] [Swift-devel] gram on ranger

David Kelly davidk at ci.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 20 16:06:15 CDT 2011

> I think this problem goes back to the idea that providers should
> interpret "count" as "the number of instances of the executable that I
> want started" and other parameters should dictate how exactly that
> count is spread over nodes and cores.

Mihael,

In this setup I am using nodeGranularity=16, jobsPerNode=16, and maxNodes=16. The SGE submit file could request anywhere between 16 and 256 cores in multiples of 16.

When I run catsn with -n=2, count is 16.
When I run catsn with -n=20, two SGE submit scripts get created, each with count=16.

Should count=32 in the second case? Am I misunderstanding what 'count' is? Is there any way to get the exact number of applications?

Thanks,
David