[Swift-user] how do I diagnose long file staging states?

Allan Espinosa aespinosa at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 8 16:00:54 CDT 2011

Hi,

In the two plots attached, my workflow seem to hang staging files
after 5 hours.  At this point, all the jobs in these states fill the
foreach.maxthreads or throttle.job.factor of my pool of resources.
Where should I poke a more detailed log? On the data transfer
scheduler?

All staging operations are made with third party gridtp transfers.
(stage in from pads to OSG + pads and stage-out in the opposite
direction)

I do have anecdotal experience that sometimes after 2-3 days , the
transfers magically resume (or fail if the proxy certificates expire
in that period)

--
Allan M. Espinosa <http://amespinosa.wordpress.com>
PhD student, Computer Science