[Swift-user] Argument list to long

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 4 18:46:06 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 18:39 -0500, Jonathan Monette wrote:
> Yes.  I have to make sure that all 4100 files are created before the
> failing app can execute.
>
> The writeData() way seems like a hack to get around the problem is Swift
> but I will try it out and see if my script completes.
>
> Mihael: pasted below is the stack trace that was generated in the log file.

Yeah. It's what Mike says.

But it's not the app arguments. Instead, I'm guessing it's the
input/output file lists.

There was a scheme in non-provider-staging swift to pass these things in
lists, but I'm guessing you are using provider staging. Perhaps some
mode to automatically do this for large numbers of arguments is in
order.

Mihael