[Swift-user] Problems reading file lists in swift

Mark Maienschein-Cline mmaiensc at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 24 11:12:05 CST 2010

I'm having a couple problems calling programs I've written using swift.

The first happens for programs where one input is just a text file that is a list of filenames, and the program extracts each filename from the list and opens it for analysis. The programs assume each file is in the same directory as the list, so it gets the directory used to identify the list as well, and adds it to the filename. When I run these on swift and refer to the list by the full path, swift doesn't seems to drop the first "/", so I have to add another one. e.g. "/home/mmaiensc/list" gets turned into "home/mmaiensc/list" and doesn't work, but "//home/mmaiensc/list" gets turned into "/home/mmaiensc/list" and works. Why is this?

I'm also having a problem where swift fails, citing "Exit code 5" or "Exit code 10", but thet stdout it gives for the program I called indicates that it finished running correctly (I had it print "done" on the last line).

Thanks for any help,
Mark