[Swift-user] Re: [Swift-devel] Problem with iterate

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Feb 18 11:08:59 CST 2010

> I'm unsure. I have a feeling that static dealdock detection is
> undecidable in swift. I need to think some more about that.

I think doing it statically (i.e. at compile time) is equivalent to
executing the code (including external apps) - I think there's probably a
straightforward example where something depends on an integer read from an
externally executed app which then influences an if statement that decides
which of two different arrays is being written to; or something like that.

But I think it could be done at runtime (which is less pleasing, but still
better than a runtime hang).