[Swift-user] Teraport question

Yue, Chen - BMD yuechen at bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 19 15:57:03 CDT 2009

Hi,

I was testing PTMap swift script on Teraport and I have a question about the usage of sites.xml. I think maybe my configuration has some problem. The path to my swift script is at: /home/yuechen/PTMap/PTMap.swift.

If I log onto Teraport and run the script on Teraport locally and the sites.xml is :

 <pool handle="localhost">
   <gridftp  url="local://localhost" />
   <execution provider="local" />
   <workdirectory >/home/yuechen/swiftwork</workdirectory>
   <profile namespace="karajan" key="jobThrottle">0</profile>
 </pool>

and the tc.data is :

localhost       PTMap   /home/yuechen/PTMap/PTMap       INSTALLED       INTEL32::LINUX  null

When I run PTMap.swift, the output of first ten runs looks like:

Swift 0.8 swift-r2448 cog-r2261

RunID: 20090319-1527-1ad6vxja
Progress:
Progress:  uninitialized:1
Progress:  Selecting site:374 Initializing site shared directory:1
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Stage in:1 Submitting:1
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Active:1 Stage out:1
Progress:  Selecting site:372 Stage in:1 Active:1 Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Selecting site:372 Active:1 Stage out:1 Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Selecting site:371 Active:1 Stage out:1 Finished successfully:2
Progress:  Selecting site:370 Stage in:1 Active:1 Finished successfully:3
Progress:  Selecting site:370 Active:1 Stage out:1 Finished successfully:3
Progress:  Selecting site:369 Stage in:1 Active:1 Finished successfully:4
Progress:  Selecting site:369 Active:1 Stage out:1 Finished successfully:4
Progress:  Selecting site:368 Stage in:1 Active:1 Finished successfully:5
Progress:  Selecting site:368 Active:1 Stage out:1 Finished successfully:5
Progress:  Selecting site:367 Stage in:1 Active:1 Finished successfully:6
Progress:  Selecting site:367 Active:1 Stage out:1 Finished successfully:6
Progress:  Selecting site:366 Submitting:1 Stage out:1 Finished successfully:7

This output seems normal. But if I log on to Teraport and use the following configuration in sites.xml:

<pool handle="teraport" >
  <execution provider="pbs" url="none" />
  <gridftp url="local://localhost" />
  <workdirectory>/home/yuechen/swiftwork</workdirectory>
</pool>
or

 <pool handle="teraport">
   <gridftp  url="local://localhost" />
   <execution provider="coaster" url="none" jobmanager="local:pbs" />
   <workdirectory >/home/yuechen/swiftwork</workdirectory>
 </pool>

And tc.data is:

teraport       PTMap   /home/yuechen/PTMap/PTMap       INSTALLED       INTEL32::LINUX  null

The output would look like:

Swift 0.8 swift-r2448 cog-r2261

RunID: 20090319-1520-5ycz7ta9
Progress:
Progress:  uninitialized:1
Progress:  Selecting site:374 Initializing site shared directory:1
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitting:1 Submitted:1
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2
Progress:  Selecting site:373 Submitted:2

I feel that this output is not normal. Did I have any configuration problem?

Thank you very much!

Chen, Yue

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.