[Swift-user] Which OSG directories to use?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 29 11:15:07 CDT 2009

was: Re: first question o'the day

On 6/29/09 10:19 AM, Hodgess, Erin wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Here is my first question (of many) for today.
>
> I have a copy of the sites.xml file, which contains the names of the
> sites and also working directories.
>
> Please consider the following:
>
> When I check /bin/pwd on osgce.cs.clemson.edu, I get
> [erin at tp-login2 oops]$ globus-job-run osgce.cs.clemson.edu /bin/pwd
> /home/osg
>
> So the directory is /home/osg

Thats likely the $HOME directory of the login for your VO (Engage?) on
that site.

> But when you look at the sites.xml file, it has:
>
> /export/osg/data/engage/tmp/Clemson-ciTeam
>
> as the working directory.

I suspect that's either the "$DATA" or "$TMP" directory for that site.

These should be described in some OSG document - maybe googling for
these will help. Maybe the ENgage VO has some notes about site usage.

> My question is:  which directory should I use, please?

I suggest using sites.xml as its generated, but report any problems you
find.

- Mike