[Swift-user] Swift on local resources

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 13 06:12:42 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 16:17 -0400, Andriy Fedorov wrote:
> Allan,
>
> Thank you for the example.
>
> I have exactly same setup, but it doesn't work for me. I suspect the
> reason is that I am unable to set up my environment to work with
> passphrase. I can only log in with password. I wonder if there is any
> workaround...

If you want to use password authentication, remove the key and
passphrase lines and add <host>.password=xxx.

However, in some cases being asked by ssh for a password may mean
"keyboard interactive authentication" which is not the same as
"username/password authentication" and may not work with the ssh
provider. Do an ssh -v and you'll see the list of authentication methods
that the server allows.