[Swift-user] doesn't create output file

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 3 23:03:48 CDT 2009

Erin,

Looking at your R script, it seems like it ran OK (from e1.in.Rout) but
there is no R statement in the R input that writes the output object xz
to the data file xy.out where your swift scriptis expecting to find it.

Also, in future email questions, send the name of the directory that you
ran from - I had to hunt around a bit in /home/erin to find it.

- Mike

R output was:

more e1.in.Rout

R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)
Copyright (C) 2007 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

   Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

 > allinputs <- Sys.getenv("R_SWIFT_ARGS")
 > print(allinputs)
  R_SWIFT_ARGS
"xx.dat 25 4"
 > inputfilename <- noquote(strsplit(allinputs," ")[[1]][1])
 > start_num <- as.numeric(noquote(strsplit(allinputs," ")[[1]][2]))
 > n1 <- as.numeric(noquote(strsplit(allinputs," ")[[1]][3]))
 > print(n1)
[1] 4
 > xy <- matrix(scan(inputfilename),byrow=TRUE,ncol=5)
Read 50 items
 > xz <- apply(xy,2,mean)
 > xz
[1]  0.2526954 -0.7243118  0.2969102 -0.2283567 -0.2468762

 > proc.time()
    user  system elapsed
   0.775   0.033   0.797

^^^^ No statement to write xy into xy.out (or to write out any other
result, like xz).