[Swift-user] swift RuntimeStats

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 16 21:27:24 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 15:37 -0500, Wenjun Wu wrote:
> Hello,
>     I noticed that RuntimeStats class (
> org.griphyn.vdl.karajan.lib.RuntimeStats ) has been there for a while.
>     Is it possible for swift users to get the information from this
> class and check the progress of their workflows
>     in real time?

When swift prints information on the console (things like "Initializing
site: 1, Submitting: 12, Finished successfully: Millions!"), that's what
RuntimeStats is used for.

I don't think it's straightforward to extract information from that
class programmatically, but you could try.

There is an unfinished monitoring package. Right now there is a text
interface for it (start swift with the "-tui" argument). Since it's
intended to be able to have multiple types of interfaces, there is an
abstract part to it that collects relevant information from various
places in swift. It's mostly based on intercepting log data.

If you're interested in using that, some pointers are:
MonitorAppender.java and Loader.java line 438 (where it's being set
up).

Mihael