[Swift-user] Expanding arrays in app function command lines

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 3 09:55:07 CST 2009

A few comments on this topic related to the vote Ben called:

Using the simple array or structure name on the app command line is good.

Having the members expanded in index and/or source order is good.

Expanding the members as separate args seems best, as that bypasses
issues of deciding on separators and whitespace between members. Users
who want to pass several members as one can apply some sort of
concatenation and determine their own separators.

So I'm in favor of the approach used in this patch.

I'll cast my vote +1 as soon as I can apply the patch and test, to make
sure Im not missing anything. I need to change my scripts to handle the
new convention.