[Swift-user] Why so few nodes ?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Sep 23 13:25:10 CDT 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> May it be because you're using the "fast" queue, which may have a
> limitation on the maximum number of nodes you can get at one time?

There is evidence that sending jobs twice as fast (by defining two swift
sites for teraport) made twice as many jobs run. These would be counter to
the argument that there is a max node count and supportive of there being
some long scheduling delay in the LRM, I think.

I guess increasing the jobThrottle to a larger number would therefore get
more jobs in the queue and more jobs run, but putting more node on the
head node.

Xueyuan, add this line to one of your site definitions: (but not both)

<profile namespace="karajan" key="jobThrottle">0.5</profile>

then make a run and send a log.