[Swift-user] Running swift from firewalled host

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 16 11:25:45 CST 2008

Will swift running on a host with limited inbound port connectivity be
able to run jobs on a WS-GRAM site?

Based on the Globus firewall wiki page seems it should work (see below),
but thought I would ask before trying it.

- Mike

WS-GRAM:

Connections back to client (controllable ephemeral port to controllable
ephemeral port) required if executable or data staged from client or
output from job sent back to client.

^^^ I assume Swift does not do either of these?

Port 8443/tcp is default and configurable.

GirdFTP:

In the case of a single data channel, the connection is established from
a controllable ephemeral port on the client to a controllable ephemeral
port on the server.

^^^ Is this is what Swift does?