[Swift-user] Re: [falkon-user] 1) disable retry mechanism and 2) continue on failure?

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 31 00:51:11 CDT 2008

I think what Zhao is trying to say is that its working good enough for
tonight, but in the longer term (i.e. next week), we'll have to get to
the bottom of why Swift can't find the output file.  It might be
something to do with the fact that we are using local ram disk for lots
of stuff, and our app scripts aren't putting the app output back to the
right place on GPFS.  We'll keep digging in the next few days, and pose
more questions if we can't find a solution.  For now, we are OK, thanks
for the help!  It looks like we should be able to get a run in with
Swift on the BG/P tonight after all.

Ioan

Zhao Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Ben
>
> Ben Clifford wrote:
>>> After I changed the definition of runam() function in the swift script, it
>>> seem everything is working now.
>>>

>> I'm not sure that the below actually is working correctly from a swift
>> perspective - it doesn't match up with my understanding of what the
>> problem is/was.
>>

> It is ok for now.
>>> Another Issue: Do you know where to set the path that swift is trying to copy
>>> wrapper.sh from ?
>>>

>> It copies it from libexec/ in your swift install directory. What are you
>> trying to do?
>>

> Because we are running swift and falkon on BGP, and the read/write
> from GPFS is not that fast, so we need to do a data caching. Precopy
> the wrapper.sh to Compute Nodes's shared memory. So I was asking where
> does swift copy wrapper.sh from.
>
> thanks
>
> zhao

Ioan Raicu