[Swift-user] Using swift with falkon on teraport

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 25 13:42:19 CDT 2008

Hi Pham,
I finally updated the Falkon site to include the instructions to get
Swift and Falkon setup together:
http://dev.globus.org/wiki/Incubator/Falkon/Swift.

You'll also have to update Falkon to the latest R115 to make sure you
have the latest build scripts for the instructions to work.  Try them
out, and let me know if there are any bugs in the instructions (as I
haven't actually tried them verbatim).

Ioan

Quan Tran Pham wrote:
> Thank you Mike,
>
> I have Falkon built already, now I should recompile swift.
> I think the Swift with Falkon part should be put up on
> "http://dev.globus.org/wiki/Incubator/Falkon#Project_Branches", at
> "Running Swift Applications over Falkon" so that others can have some
> reference.
>
> Regards
>
> Quan Pham
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hi Quan,
>>
>>  I'm doing something similar at the moment on machines at Argonne.
>>
>>  Do you already have Falkon built? (I'm using the attached file of notes
>>  that I compiled from Ioan).
>>
>>  I run swift and falkon together on a host that has access to the cluster
>>  shared filesystem, which in your case would be tp-login (or better yet a
>>  cluster node that you can allocate using qsub -I, as as not to over-tax
>>  a login host).
>>
>>  I use the local data provider, so that swift uses direct
>>  shared-filesystem access to move data back and forth and do directory
>>  and status file management.
>>
>>  Here's my sites file:
>>

>>  Below is my working doc of info form Ioan and Zhao, also attached in word.
>>
>>  - Mike

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Candidate
Distributed Systems Laboratory