[Swift-user] Fwd: Too many open files problem

Quan Tran Pham quanpt at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 17 22:07:07 CDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Ben Clifford <benc at hawaga.org.uk> wrote:

>  Hi.  Can you describe your problem some more:
>
>  Doe it happen with every swift script (for example, with the example
>  first.swift)?
>  If you make that run smaller (eg fewer input files) does the problem go
>  away? At what point?
It happens with many of my scripts. It does not always happen,
sometimes I can run the script repeatedly and success, and sometimes,
with the same input, I got this error.

>  Does it happenw hen you run a large workflow?
It seems to happen more often with larger input (still using the same
workflow, same number of submitted jobs), but I cannot confirm this.

>  Can you send the swiftscript source code that you are using?
Sure, attached (there was some incorrect dependency between sort
procedure and fileList var, but you can assume all input files are
correctly available for the workflow).

Thank you very much

--
Quan