[Swift-user] Running first.swift remotely on NCSA

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Jun 22 14:01:16 CDT 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Andriy Fedorov wrote:

> In the qstat I see one job running on 1 node (the node type is NOT
> "compute"), then it finishes, then Swift script reports "Final status:
>  Finished successfully:1", and then I see SECOND job with 1 node
> running in qstat.

You should see a final job run after every successful Swift run, to clean
up working files. So this second job does not seem incorrect - it isn't
specified in your SwiftScript; instead you get it automatically.

> Note, I can request resources correctly and run MPI jobs when using
> RSL job description with globusrun, and using XML (with job
> description extensions) and globusrun-ws. I can post those, if you are
> interested. Therefore, I do not think the second problem I mentioned
> is a GT problem.

Yes, please post.

If you could make it something that we could run ourselves to recreate
when poking round (eg some kind of hello world rather than a complicated
application) that would be especially useful.