[Swift-user] Running first.swift remotely on NCSA

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at cs.wm.edu
Fri Jun 13 09:34:05 CDT 2008

> You'll need to do some more troubleshooting.
> Id try the following:
> - Start swift as you did before and wait for the job to be submitted
> - figure out what port the callback service is on (do a netstat -lntp)
> - log into NCSA and see if you can telnet to GLOBUS_HOSTNAME:port. You
> probably can't. You'll have to figure out why.

Yep, you were right...

[fedorov at ri ~/.globus] netstat -lntp | grep java
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:45000           0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      25468/java
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:10479         0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      25468/java

and telnet to port 45000 from Mercury gets "connection refused"

To add more details, I am unable to execute jobs via globusrun either:

[fedorov at ri vdsk] globusrun -o -r grid-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org/jobmanager
'&(executable=/usr/bin/cal)'
GRAM Job submission failed
org.globus.gram.GramException: The job manager failed to open stderr
        at org.globus.gram.Gram.request(Gram.java:358)
        at org.globus.gram.GramJob.request(GramJob.java:262)
        at org.globus.tools.GlobusRun.gramRun(GlobusRun.java:557)
        at org.globus.tools.GlobusRun.main(GlobusRun.java:530)
GRAM Job submission failed: The job manager failed to open stderr

I will have to figure it out...

Andrey