[Swift-user] Illegal character

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 12:26:04 CDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> Ben, should the nightly builds show up on this page, and if so should local
> developers use those to get a recent snapshot:
>
>   http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/tests/tests-2008-07-13.html#packages

Its broken I suspect - it always had a tendency to go wrong; and from a
testing perspective has been mostly replaced by the NMI testing system.

> (in other words, is that page broken, or was it never intended to be a source
> of nightly snapshots for download?)

It was originally intended so, however, mostly I find myself preferring
users to either stick with a real release or build from source like you
say below, because the people using latest often seem to want features
more rapidly than waiting a day so end up building from SVN source anyway.