[Swift-user] A naive run of Falkon+Swift on BGP login node.

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 21 17:26:24 CDT 2008

Hi,

I started a test on BGP login nodes, running falkon service and swift on
Login6, and a worker on Login2.
Good news is I got the output file. Swift return successful. Bad news is
there are some problems I don't
understand.

The swift stdout:
/Line 1:    zzhang at login6.surveyor:~/swift/etc> swift -sites.file
./sites.xml -tc.file ./tc.data -ip.address 172.17.3.16 first.swift
Line 2:    Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler
and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
Line 3:    Swift svn swift-r2140 cog-r2070

Line 4:    RunID: 20080721-1713-zkz78kcf
Line 5:    Progress:
Line 6:    echo started
Line 7:    error: Notification(int timeout): socket = new
ServerSocket(recvPort); Address already in use
Line 8:    Waiting for notification for 0 ms
Line 9:    Received notification with 1 messages
Line 10:    echo completed
Line 11:    Final status:  Finished successfully:1/

1. What is the exception in Line 2? is this ignorable or not?
2. What is the error in Line 7? Is it printed by swift or the
deef-provider? Is this ignorable or not?

The following exception from Falkon only occurs when I specify the
ip.address property in swift
The falkon stdout:

/2008-07-21 17:00:46,325 ERROR handler.AddressingHandler
[ServiceThread-6,invoke:120] Exception in AddressingHandler
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: '' For input string: ""
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException: ''
For input string: ""
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.ChunkedInputStream.getChunked(ChunkedInputStream.java:161)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.ChunkedInputStream.read(ChunkedInputStream.java:53)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$RewindableInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown
Source)
Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:645)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler.processServerRequest(AddressingHandler.java:328)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.handlers.AddressingHandler.processServerRequest(AddressingHandler.java:77)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler.invoke(AddressingHandler.java:114)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:248)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceThread.doPost(ServiceThread.java:664)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceThread.process(ServiceThread.java:382)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:291)

        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:login6
/
Ioan, any idea about this?

I am also attaching the swift log, could anyone check this to tell if
there is a problem there, and most important thing
is that if swift is using the IP address I specified in the --ip.address
parameter?

Thanks so much for the help

best wishes
zhangzhao