[Swift-user] Re: No response of Swift run

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 2 12:38:29 CDT 2008

>> Now I'm running this workflow again on
login.ci.uchicago.edu.

This workflow with 2001 jobs finished successfully and
quickly without hanging up. Then I continue to launch a
workflow with 3001 jobs and see the result.

>As far as I remember, things should continue to run ok
(except for the
>debugger not being started), so you should ignore the error
message. If
>swift doesn't run, then you could make two copies of the
swift startup
>script (say swift-debugger with the option and swift
without the
>option). Then if you want the debugger on, use swift-
debugger, and for
>normal runs, use swift.

Do you mean that I could copy swift into swift-debugger
(specifying that option). I could choose one of these ways
to run swift, e.g:
swift first.swift
swift-debugger first.swift

Then it will invoke the corresponding script.