[Swift-user] Passing hostType for MPI jobs

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 09:34:15 CDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Andriy Fedorov wrote:

> I am having problems passing host type for MPI jobs. This appears to
> happen both when I am using globusrun-ws (XML job description), although
> the errors are different.

I've been working on running MPI jobs inside Swift today. On TG UC I find
a problem that sounds like that when using GRAM4. Using GRAM2 works ok
(but slower). I can specify the host type ok, but not the job node count.

I will interact with the TG UC admins to see if they know what is going on
there.