[Swift-user] tcp.port.range in Swift 0.6

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at cs.wm.edu
Wed Aug 27 15:08:59 CDT 2008

Hello,

It appears to me that Swift 0.6 does not handle properly custom
GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE.

In the previous release, I used env variable $GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE to
set this range.

In the current release, it seems like tcp.port.range can be specified
in etc/swift.properties.

I still have the env variable, and tried to specify the port range in
swift.properties, and I tried passing it as -tcp.port.range, but Swift
keeps opening ports outside the specified range, as reported by
netstat. The same simple test script works with 0.5, but not with 0.6.

This seems like a bug to me.

--
Andrey Fedorov

Center for Real-Time Computing