[Swift-user] Returning arrays of files

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at cs.wm.edu
Mon Aug 25 18:46:46 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have a procedure that wraps an application, which creates a large
number of files. The names of those files are not passed as input
arguments, but I know their names in advance.

I was trying to handle this by doing the following (this is a fragment
of the complete code):

(file bImages[], file wImages[]) prepareImages(file fImage, file
rImage, file pList){
  app {
    BMPrepareImages @fImage @rImage @pList;
  }
}

prepareImages1(file fImage, file rImage, file pList){
  app {
    BMPrepareImages @fImage @rImage @pList;
  }
}

string bImageNames[];
string wImageNames[];

iterate i {
  bImageNames[i] = @strcat("block_",i,".nii.gz");
  wImageNames[i] = @strcat("window_",i,".nii.gz");
}until(i==numPoints-1);

file bImages[]<array_mapper;files=bImageNames>;
file wImages[]<array_mapper;files=wImageNames>;

(bImages,wImages) = prepareImages(fImageRsmooth,rImageRsmooth,fImagePointList);

But when I run this script, Swift tells me

Progress:
Progress:
Progress:
Progress:
Progress:

and nothing happens...

When I run "prepareImages1" instead of "prepareImages", it finishes,
but of course I don't get the output files. So there cannot be problem
in the application. I suspect there's something wrong with the way I
specify the output of the procedure.

Can anyone help me, what is wrong here?

--
Andrey Fedorov