[Swift-user] Need help debugging strange problem...

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at cs.wm.edu
Thu Aug 7 11:23:53 CDT 2008

Ben,

I tried what you suggested, and I have globusrun-ws working from UC
submitting to NCSA, using Fork factory type:

[fedorov at TG/UC:tg-login1 ~/swiftBiofem] globusrun-ws -submit -F
https://grid-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org:8443/wsrf/services/ManagedJobFactoryService
-Ft Fork -job-command /bin/hostname
Submitting job...Done.
Job ID: uuid:3b8f1662-649c-11dd-9347-0007e9d811ce
Termination time: 08/08/2008 16:16 GMT
Current job state: Active
Current job state: CleanUp
Current job state: Done
Destroying job...Done.

But it fails when I am using PBS factory. globusrun-ws doesn't exit,
while I see job finished on NCSA.

[fedorov at TG/UC:tg-login1 ~/swiftBiofem] globusrun-ws -submit -F
https://grid-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org:8443/wsrf/services/ManagedJobFactoryService
-Ft PBS -job-command /bin/hostname
Submitting job...Done.
Job ID: uuid:dc23433c-649c-11dd-9671-0007e9d811ce
Termination time: 08/08/2008 16:21 GMT
Current job state: Unsubmitted

I am going to report this to TG help.

--