[Swift-user] is there a way to send 256 tasks at a time to one site

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 1 13:58:58 CDT 2008

The Falkon provider already does bunching of multiple tasks in a single
WS call, as long as they are in the provider queue at the time when it
checks the queue, which it does every second... this polling interval
can be changed to be higher, if you are finding that only a few tasks
get submitted every time.  Or we can make it threshold based as well,
wait X seconds, or Y tasks... it wouldn't be hard to implement different
strategies to wait for more tasks...

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Zhao Zhang wrote:
>

>> For the purpose of efficiency of swift on BGP, is there a way for us to send
>> 256 tasks at a time to one site?
>>

> Do you mean in one single job submission call? Swift will send the tasks
> separately to the provider layer (which probably in your case is
> provider-deef), so no. How the provider-layer gets tasks to the execution
> site is up to the provider - so potentially yes there. It might involve
> changing the falkon wire protocol though.

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Candidate
Distributed Systems Laboratory
Computer Science Department