[Swift-user] is there a way to send 256 tasks at a time to one site

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 1 13:56:59 CDT 2008

Zhao,
The Falkon provider has a queue which has tasks pile up on from Karajan,
and once every so often (on some polling interval), the provider will
submit tasks to Falkon (from this queue).  I think the polling interval
is set to 1 second, so whatever tasks end up in the queue every second,
will go out in 1 WS call to Falkon.  We can make this polling interval
longer, in the code, and recompiling.  Now, if you are refering to the
Swift scheduler, that it doesn't send enough tasks (i.e. 256 of them),
which means that you never get to populate all CPUs with work, then that
is a different question, which Mihael or Ben can hopefully answer.

Ioan

Zhao Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the purpose of efficiency of swift on BGP, is there a way for us
> to send 256 tasks at a time to one site?
> Thanks
>
> zhao

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Candidate