[Swift-user] Swift 0.3 released

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Oct 4 10:13:45 CDT 2007

What is most likely happening is that Swift is retrieving that URL and
placing it into your working directory in a file called
'bardir/index.rdf'; then passing the path 'bardir/index.rdf' to your app
(or rather to echo), essentially saying "I was told to give you a data
file and I have done that and placed it at bardir/index.rdf".

If you want the URL itself, that's a problem; if you only want to retrieve
the content of the URL, that should perhaps be less of a problem.

The CSV mapper (in fact any mapper) can only give the location of data
files to the swift runtime engine, not pass string literals - though bugs
have previously made that work.

Reading literals from CSV is a feature a bunch of people want, though, so
I think we should look at implementing something.