[Swift-user] Swift 0.3 released

Allen, M. David dmallen at mitre.org
Thu Oct 4 09:56:21 CDT 2007

I just dropped 0.3 into place, and tried to re-run a test workflow that
I have.

For some reason, 0.3 seems to be causing problems with CSV files.
Attached is a simple swiftscript, the CSV file it requires as input,
and the output files generated as part of the run.

The CSV file is simple:

name,feedURL
The Foo Blog,http://foo.com/somedir/index.rdf
The Bar Blog,http://bar.com/bardir/index.rdf
(...)

All the swiftscript does is take the feedURL, and then print each one
out into a different file.  As far as I can tell though, splitting this
file by a comma delimiter is causing problems.  Instead of getting the
full URL as an argument to "echo", it is only passing
"somedir/index.rdf", "bardir/index.rdf", and so on.

One other thing -- my echo statement looks like this:

   echo @b.feedURL stdout=@filename(headlines);

>From what I've read, the '@' in front of b.feedURL shouldn't be
required.  If this isn't present though, the output for every line of
the csv is the string literal 'true' instead of even a portion of the
URL.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Apologies if I'm making some kind of silly mistake, but I can't find
any reference to this issue in the CHANGES file, and this has worked
just fine with previous releases.

Thanks,

-- David