[Swift-devel] Standard Library Proposal/Discussion Page

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 22 12:41:59 CST 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-22 at 12:17 -0600, Yadu Nand Babuji wrote:
> Hi Mihael,
>
> I have a request for the some features similar to those provided by
> python's os library:
>
> getcwd

Sure. Perhaps getEnv()?

> remove    (/rm)
> move ?    ( python doesn't seem to have this)

Like move and remove files? Do you have an example of how these would be
used?

> stat          ( For loops which stat for new files )

Stat on a given file, yes (and there are some question marks there,
too), stat to poll for files being added to a directory? I'm not sure.
How do you even loop sanely in swift? Do you have a specific
need/example?

> system     ( fix ? )

Sure. Although I'd like Tim's and Justin's input on this.

Mihael