[Swift-devel] Feature proposal: struct constructors

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 4 12:56:39 CST 2015

I like the general idea of struct constructors and I am for it.

I also think that I like keyword arguments to struct constructors.
Presumably there could be cases when you don't want to initialize all
fields of a struct.

Also, we should probably encourage a naming convention that avoids
possible conflicts between function invocations and struct constructors.
Using capitalized names for user-defined types comes to mind.

Mihael