[Swift-devel] Swift web changes pending

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Sat May 31 14:51:17 CDT 2014

Hi Vytas, can you suggest how to shrink the extra white space between
the rotator and the grid cels below it?

(in http://web.ci.uchicago.edu/~wilde/www )

I assume these are pushed down because the right col grew.  Can we
re-orient the colums so that the right col goes top-to-bottom, I assume?

Suggestions/improvements welcome.  If you have time, feel free to commit
to svn and I will test locally.

Also note: when testing locally, the downloads dont work unless you copy
in the packages/ dir, and tryswift/ doesnt work unless you install it
from SwiftApps in svn.

Thanks!

- Mike

On 5/31/14, 2:46 PM, Michael Wilde wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I added TrySwift and Swift/T to the Swift main page.  You can preview
> the changes at:
>
> http://web.ci.uchicago.edu/~wilde/www/main/
>
> The changes are committed to svn but not yet pushed to the main site.
>
> I added the GeMTC paper under "Whats New" after Swift/T.
>
> I created a new main directory Swift-T/ for Swift/T.  At the moment,
> this just forwards to the Google exm site Swift-T page.
>
> Justin: feel free to start integrating Swift/T content below this directory.
>
> You can check out the entire web below your public_html directory, test
> there, and commit.
>
> After youre done and committed, I'll update my test copy, check it out,
> and then push to the live site some time tomorrow.
>
> Im going to shift later to work on TrySwift text (probably not till
> tomorrow morning).
>
> Yadu is looking at creating a Local Host tutorial version that runs on
> Linux; hopefully same will run on Mac.
>
> Justin, Tim: do you know how to create a nice mac install package? Did
> you do so for Swift/T?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Mike

Mathematics and Computer Science          Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory               The University of Chicago