[Swift-devel] .swiftx and .kml files

David Kelly davidkelly at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 27 23:11:47 CDT 2014

I think the problem with keeping *.xml and *.swiftx is that it clutters up
your working directory with files that the majority of Swift users will
never (directly) use.

Is it possible to make the xml and swiftx files hidden? You'd get any
possible compilation benefits without them getting in the way.

Otherwise I'd say it makes sense to have a property to control this:

If script.debug.keep=false (default) and a run directory is created, move
them to the run directory at the end of the run so they are available for
debugging
If script.debug.keep=false and no run directory is created, remove them
If script.debug.keep=true, keep them untouched in the current working
directory