[Swift-devel] SSH-CL with port forwarding

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 23 16:43:54 CDT 2014

Hi all
     I'm trying to get SSH-CL going with port forwarding.  I think I
just need to tell Coasters which port to use for the bootstrap
connection.  I'm doing:

sites.xml:

   <pool handle="grind">
     <execution provider="coaster" jobmanager="ssh-cl:local"
url="grind.mcs.anl.gov"/>

 > ssh -L 50001:localhost:50001 grind
 > export GLOBUS_HOSTNAME=localhost
 > export GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE=50000,50002

I either get:

Failed to download bootstrap jar from http://localhost:50002

if the ports do not line up or:

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: No free ports available.

if I make the range too restrictive.

How should I set this up?  I cannot change the firewall rules.

Or should I consider doing this with a local coaster service and manual
coasters?

     Thanks
     Justin

--