[Swift-devel] Tryswift enhancements

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Thu Apr 17 08:35:47 CDT 2014

I like the current status display of Tryswift, and think it merits
thought for the swift command as well:

Swift run starting at 08:21:55
08:21:59
08:22:00  Ready:7  Active:3
08:22:10  Ready:7  Active:3  Done:3
08:22:20  Ready:7  Active:3  Done:6
08:22:30  Ready:7  Active:3  Done:9
08:22:40  Ready:5  Active:3  Done:12
08:22:50  Ready:2  Active:3  Done:15
08:23:00  Active:2  Done:18
Final status: 08:23:10  Done:21

Generated 21 file(s)
Swift completed

I suspect its a matter of continuing to maintain the detailed state as is, but abstracting that to a simpler state (as an option)

Doing this well and documenting it well is non trivial, though.

- Mike