[Swift-devel] interpreting swift error message

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:56:57 CDT 2013

Eric,

I think the message does not mean the file was not found by Swift. It means
something failed in the application and it was not able to produce the
output file out.txt.

The file not found appears as part of the stage out routine which expects
that file to be present after Swift completes execution.

Could you post your sites.xml and tc files.

Thanks,
Ketan

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Eric Skogen <eskogen at g.clemson.edu> wrote:

> The below code gave me an error message from swift telling me my output
> file didn't exist.  As I understand my code, the file shouldn't need to
> exist.  Can someone explain what happened?
>
> code:
> type messagefile;
>
> app (messagefile o) max(messagefile i) {
>      java "MaxTemperature" @filename(i) stdout=@filename(o);
> }
> messagefile input <"1901">;
> messagefile out <"out.txt">;
> out = max(input);
>
> Error
> RunID: 20130311-1410-5i605r58
> Progress:  time: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:10:39 -0400
> Progress:  time: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:10:42 -0400  Stage in:1
> Execution failed:
>     File not found:
> /var/tmp/example2.2-20130311-1410-5i605r58/shared/out.txt
>

> I'm writing this code as an example so although I'm very interested in how
> to make this work, I'm more interest in how to figure out the problem based
> on the error message.  Thank you for your time.

Ketan