[Swift-devel] Scripts with Iterate fails to compile

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 3 01:11:15 CST 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 14:28 -0600, David Kelly wrote:
> Mihael,
>

> It's probably worth discussing. Can you remind me, was variable
> closing reference counting was the fix for bug #927, failure assigning
> a file array from within an if statement?

No. 927 was introduced with the reference counting code.

>  If so, I think that is important to have because without that ncar is
> unable to run their scripts in 0.94. They're in the process of
> migrating machines which will require the LSF provider, so 0.93 will
> not be an option for them for very long.

Well, I don't know. There is always the conflict between having stable
code and having the latest stuff.

Anyway, I fixed the issue in SVN (swift r6326).

But I also noticed that when trunk was re-branched to 0.94, at least one
fix (the one about swift warning that all user procedures are
deprecated) got lost.

So I think that we should be careful to merge the bug fixes that were
there in the old 0.94 branch.

Mihael