[Swift-devel] 0.94 release note draft

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 1 15:32:20 CST 2013

David,

Have mercy on me having lost track of the situation. Maybe tomorrow, most definitely next week I will start to increase the size of some of my swift runs till I hit the thousands of jobs.
Some will be very heavy in I/O and computations (and pipeline complexity).

I have taken today off to recover  and be ready.

What do you suggest should be my approach to this problem?
I am currently trying to develop pipelines with

SWIFT_HOME=/soft/swift/0.94-2012.1102

or

#SWIFT_HOME=/home/davidk/swift-trunk/cog/modules/swift/dist/swift-svn

then move them to fast and see where it breaks.

Should i change the module I am using? I need to learn how to make the installation work and get over my hatred for java...

All the pipelines I will be trying are expected eventually to reach sustained runs of 10K+ jobs in parallel with workflows as deep as 20 stages (including steps that increase the jobs by one or two orders of magnitude with a total file load of a few tens of TBs)

Do you think that it is sensible?

We will then mover to other machines and hopefully test fusion and other approaches.

Lorenzo